Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mini's Cupcakes

Minis Cupcakes.JPG

After earning good marks on a cholesterol test this week I decided to celebrate--and nothing says celebrate to me like frosting and sprinkles. These little lovelies from Mini's Cupcakes pack plenty of party but little guilt.

I first fell in love with Mini's Cupcakes last summer when they had a booth at the Salt Lake Farmers Market. Now housed in a downtown Salt Lake City storefront--complete with candy-striped walls and sassy "Change your cup size" T-Shirts--Mini's has come a long way from their days of selling cupcakes out of coolers.

Back Row (Left to right): S'more Please(Marshmallow meringue on a chocolate cake) Snowball (coconut) and Breakfast at Tiffany's (blue cream cheese frosting on a vanilla cake). Front Row (Left to right) another S'more Please (so the other one wouldn't feel lonely) Blueberry Hill (Cream cheese frosting on a blueberry cake) and my personal favorite, Lemon Pie (lemon meringue on a lemon cake).

At $2 each half a dozen cupcakes will run you $12.36, but with fine ingredients like Madagascar Vanilla and fresh roasted coffee, you get what you pay for.

- K

Mini's Cupcakes
14 East (Between Main and State) 800 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
801.363.0608

View Google Maps

2 Comments:

Blogger Mackenzie said...

I must confess...I lurk your blog!! What fantastic tips you have and I adore your restaurant reviews. Mini's was a great tip. I especially love the Breakfast at Tiffany's and the Diva. Looking forward to trying the Key Lime one Wednesday. Lime Curd...sounds yummy.
Keep up the great work!! Love your site!

9:33 PM  
Blogger K and J said...

Thanks so much for your nice note, Mackenzie. So glad to hear you enjoyed Mini's...I have been craving their PB Fix cupcake all week. I haven't had the Key Lime one yet but that sounds right up my alley. Guess I know where I am heading on Wednesday!

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home