Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chicken Enchiladas with Roasted Tomatillo Sauce

chicken enchilada.JPG
Homemade Chicken Enchiladas with Roasted Tomatillo Sauce

You know how they say that you shouldn't go grocery shopping while you are hungry? Well, the same should be said about watching The Food Network while working out at the gym. Last week while stepping upward to nowhere I caught an episode of Tyler's Ultimate Chicken Enchiladas. When you are starving, burning away all your energy, and a captive audience, the beautiful footage of steaming enchiladas hooks you in. I fell victim. I couldn't wait to cook up a bubbling casserole dish of chicken enchiladas with fresh and tangy homemade tomatillo sauce.

The recipe can be found on The Food Network site. I didn't actually read it (it looks a little long) and since I'd seen it all done on T.V. anyway, I just used the web site for the ingredient list. Check it out yourself, and let me know what you think. The zesty Tomatillo sauce in these enchiladas dazzles the taste buds, though the bubbling cheese has given me cause to get back to the gym. And so the cycle continues...

-J


2 Comments:

Blogger heatherly said...

Nor should you read this post at 8:26 in the morning. Yum! However will I concentrate now? Hope you guys are well. I do not have home internet and cannot get outside email. I'd love to catch up.

6:28 AM  
Blogger K and J said...

Hi Heather! We miss you, and I'd love to catch up. Would smoke signals be the best way to get in touch?
-J

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home