Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wish

After sitting on Wish's balcony for a glass of wine one evening, we decided the South Beach eatery, located at The Hotel, would make a great site for our final dinner in Miami. The scene on their outdoor patio was easy and chic, with comfy chairs, trees wrapped in tiny white lights, and remixed Beth Orton playing overhead.

IMG_1678.JPG
Thai Grouper Ceviche with coconut milk, Thai basil, ginger and lemongrass - $17

Fresh, light and tangy. I wish we'd ordered two.

IMG_1687.JPG
Black Trumpet Dusted Diver Scallops with lemon and thyme, Pumpkin Pie Risotto - $35

When a dish combines some of my favorite things ever, I have a hard time sitting still after ordering. Such was the case with this combination of spicy pumpkin risotto and black trumpet dusted diver scallops. The risotto truly did taste like pie, and was so filling that I could barely finish my fourth scallop. But of course I managed to find room for dessert...

IMG_1679.JPG
Crisy Skinned Snapper with grilled shrimp, chinese sausage, jasmine rice and Vietnamese tea foam - $36

With its Asian-inspired flavors and crispy-skinned fish, this dish had J licking his plate clean. The little puffy clouds of Vietnamese tea foam almost tasted like coconut, and had the consistency of dreams on a lazy summer day.

IMG_1696.JPG
PB and Jay: Dark chocolate and peanut butter tart, rasperry jam and peanut butter gelato - $12

I had to fight back tears of joy when I saw this dessert selection on the menu. Between the nutty gelato, streak of jam and rich chocolate and peanut butter tart (did I mention the mint leaves) I felt like I was nine years old again, coming up with sweet concoctions in the kitchen while my babysitter watched The Love Boat.

It is safe to say that my dreams came true at Wish.

- K

Wish

801 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139
305-674-9474

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home