Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Scalo

Scalo is located in the Nob Hill district of Albuquerque, in one of the few prime locations in this funky district with off-street parking. The exterior is nothing spectacular, but inside there are some treasures worth uncovering.

I noticed right off that Scalo has good wine glasses: varying sizes and shapes, depending on the style. Since it was lunch and since I also had a day of work ahead of me, I was a good girl and refrained. But that doesn't mean I didn't envy the woman at the next table with her glass of white.

Tuscan White Bean Soup
Tuscan White Bean Soup, Parmesan, Pancetta, Basil Pesto - $5

I should preface this with the fact that J makes the best Tuscan bean soup I've ever had. Therefore, it really wasn't fair to Scalo that I would order theirs, as it just came up short.

Flatbread
Flatbread with Wild mushroom, Parmesan Reggiano, White Truffle Oil - $10

The basil and mushrooms were fresh and the bountiful portion would have been a perfectly filling lunch on its own. Delicious!

Everything on the lunch menu (including pastas and paninis) was $10 and under, and the scene was lively and bustling for a Monday. If you find yourself in Albuquerque with a case of the "Mondays" yourself, take refuge at Scalo. You won't be disappointed.

- K


Scalo
3500 Central Ave SE
Albuquerque, NM
505-255-878

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home